I don’t have any finished keys this weekend. What I do have is a start on a bunch of keys. And not just metal ones, wooden ones too. Even though the wooden keys have a variety of colour to them I’ve decided to paint them once I get back home to my studio. Currently I’m at… Continue reading Groundwork and a Shot of the Shopping Cart
I thought it would be a good idea to get some small cardboard boxes to pack away each key individually. That way I could store them by number, find them quickly, and even ship them should someone care to buy one. I even found some boxes online but have yet to take the plunge and… Continue reading Thought Success and one more key
I bought some frames from Dollarama. Perhaps you’ve heard that more and more people shop at that store for cleaning products etc. This was a company that it would have been good to buy stocks in a few years ago. (Darn, if I only knew then…) I also bought a velvety type dress from Value… Continue reading Keys 119 – 130 “Framed”
Yes…I made one more dragon egg. I used an old garden ornament that I got for free at a garage sale as a base. I know you can’t tell from the photos but that Key 118 is quite large – about 10 1/2 inches long. Next time I’ll put something recognizable in the photos so… Continue reading Keys 109 – 118
There are all kinds of definitions for the word TERMINAL (courtesy English language learner’s definition): • a building where buses or trains regularly stop so that passengers can get on and off • a building at an airport where people get on and off airplanes • a part on a piece of electrical equipment where… Continue reading 2500 Terminals and 1 Very Amazing Shopping Cart
I’ve been putting resin on to all the unframed keys still in my possession and today I finished that task. Here’s a picture of the newly coated keys (around 70):
Someone asked me what I had for key making supplies and wondered what they’d look like in a big pile…well I didn’t put them all together in a pile because I’m finally getting things organized…but I did take many pictures:
After yet another repair job I applied resin to those dragon eggs and tried again…Detours of Dragons and Despair…this seemed to mostly work. There were a few small spots on the edges where contact was made on some of the cups. In the end I used some clear nail polish to cover those teeny bits.